Leaked: Motorola Razr 2022 is the new rival of Samsung Z Flip 4!
It is confirmed. Motorola’s Razr 2022 is on the way—as confirmed by Motorola itself. Let us have a brief look at the specs and other features of Motorola’s upcoming foldable phone.
Motorola Razr 2022 vs Samsung Z Flip 4
After launching its last foldable phone, the Razr 2020, Motorola took a break for a few years. However, only recently, the company confirmed that it has got a Razr 2022 on the way. This summer was dominated by foldable. While Samsung is all set to launch the Z Flip 4 and Z Fold 4 on 10 August, Moto plans to introduce the third-gen Moto Razr before that (probably on 2 August)! Moreover, Motorola teased its upcoming folding phone in detail on a Chinese social media platform, Weibo. The company also provided details and a look at the design as well as specs for the phone.
Although the Motorola Razr was the first clamshell foldable phone to be revealed in 2019, Samsung stole the thunder with its polished Galaxy Z Flip Series. If the leaks and teases are accurate, it’ll try to steal the limelight from Samsung this year.
Specs of the Motorola Razr 2022
- The clamshell foldable will boost the latest Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset. As a result, it will ensure flagship-grade performance.
- Razr 2022 will come with 12GB of RAM for hiccup-free multitasking, and 512GB of storage.
- Based on the latest rumors, the main camera will come with a 50MP sensor. It will also endorse a 13MP hybrid wide-angle/macro unit that will be the second camera. The selfie cam will probably have a 32MP one.
- Razr 2022’s main display of the phone will have a 6.7-inch FHD+ display with a 120Hz fast fresh rate.
- The battery life of Razr 2022 will remain the same (2,800mAh).
Image:- Riley Young / Digital Trends
Can the Razr 2022 compete the Flip 4?
Coming to the pricing, it looks like Motorola will be aggressive this time around. According to a report, the Motorola Razr 2022 starts at 1,149 euros, as compared to its predecessor which is 1,399 euro.
The Motorola Razr 2022 will be launching on 2 August—8 days before the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4. The Z Flip 4 will likely go on sale soon after its August 10 unveiling, so we’ll have to see if the Razr 2022 gets a similar release date or whether it arrives in second place – if it comes before the Z Flip, it could sway people interested in buying a new clamshell.
The Z Flip 4 will debut alongside the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4. Therefore, it is going to be a big day for folding phones. However, it sounds like the first half of August will bring us lots of new members of that growing niche.
Anwesha has been a creative writer for a while. Currently, on her pursuit of tech writing, she is diving into the realms of technology to produce better content on the forever-changing world of technology. In her free time, you’ll find her humming tunes of her favourite shows or reading a book.