What will Apple launch at its upcoming September 2022 event?
Will Apple Unveil iPhone 14, AirPods Pro, and iPad Pro at the upcoming September 2022 event?
Apple’s traditional September event will likely be held in less than a month. If Apple decides to continue putting up with the ritual, this will be the most important keynote of the year. In its upcoming September event 2022, we expect Tim Cook and Co to take the stage at the Steve Jobs Theatre and launch numerous Apple products. Although some of them will be iterative updates to already successful products, others could pave way for some of the futuristic tech gadgets of the company.
At the event, Apple will most likely introduce the next-generation iPhone—an annual ritual at the fall hardware event. Apple may also unveil new AirPods Pro, new Apple Watch, updated iPad Pros, and much more.
Here’s what we expect of Apple at the upcoming September 2022 event:
- Although there’s no confirmation, rumors have it that Apple will launch at least 4 new iPhone models at the event. The iPhone lineup will have two ‘non-pro’ models and two ‘high-end’ models
- Rumors also have it that the iPhone 14 screen sizes will be as follows: iPhone 14 (6.1 inches), iPhone 14 Max (6.7-inch), iPhone 14 Pro (6.1-inch), iPhone 14 Pro Max (6.7-inch).
- As usual, the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Max will be on the low-end while the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max will be Apple’s top-end models.
- Apple will reportedly discontinue the 5.4-inch iPhone mini model in favor of a 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Max model. It will push the iPhone 14 into the entry-level category.
Speaking of the two top-end models, the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max will have better cameras. This includes a 48P wide-angle sensor, up from 12MP, a faster A16 processor, and potentially a ProMotion display with a pill-shaped hole punch.
The iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Max will still have the notch and the same A15 processor that powers the iPhone 13.
If the rumors are correct, the iPhone 14 lineup could have the anticipated price range. While the iPhone 14 will cost $899, the iPhone 14 Max will be around $999. On the other hand, the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max will cost $1099 and $1199 respectively.
Apple Watch Models
According to rumors, the next Apple Watch might come in three models. It will also include a brand new ‘Pro’ variant. According to popular analyst Gurman, the Watch Series 8, an updated Apple Watch SE, and an Apple Watch ‘Pro’ will likely unveil at the September 2022 event. Here are the following leaked specs of the upcoming Watch Series 8:
- Watch Series 8 will have a few design changes, which may include a new body temperature sensor and enhanced battery life
- The SE will have updates too (we hardly have any information regarding that)
- Series 3 will apparently retire
However, the Apple Watch model could intimidate influencers and athletes with its premium finish and different design.
AirPods Pro 2, iPad Pros, and Macs
Apple may also unveil its next-generation AirPods Pro. The Pro models are rumored to have:
- Different design
- Next version of the H1 chip
- Improved audio quality
- Redesigned charging case and better battery life
Additionally, Apple could also introduce new iPad Pros with the M2 chip and a new version of the Magic Keyboard. Sitting at the top, Tim Cook is pushing the narrative hard to replace Mac with the iPad Pro.
However, the iPadOS is still not close to macOS and that is what stops many people from switching to iPad Pro. Apart from the updated high-end iPad Pros, Apple is also rumored to launch the tenth-generation iPad with a USB-C port and a bigger screen size. Cupertino could also launch several new Macs later this year, but we expect another keynote event in October.