Oracle launches Verrazzano Container Platform To Serve as Bridge Between On-Prem and Cloud Environments
Oracle, a computer software company, is offering a way to deploy and manage container-based applications, with the Oracle Verrazzano Enterprise Container Platform, in hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
Oracle said, “Verrazzano serves as a bridge between on-prem and cloud environments.”
The company allows users to unify lifecycle management of applications across traditional applications and microservices deployed on the firm’s WebLogic Server Java application server. Besides, they standardize the management of Kubernetes across cloud environments.
Moreover, the Texas-based company has cited several other benefits of Verrazzano including:
- Improving developer productivity and native-cloud development through container management technologies. This will, in turn, help decreased the deployment times and increase the application uptime.
- Modernizing existing applications.
- Verrazzano will provide a cloud-neutral approach regardless of whether they are deployed on-premises, in Cloud Infrastructure, or other public clouds. So, cloud-native will enjoy benefits without lock-in.
- Intelligent workload management across clusters of Kubernetes objects, extended features for WebLogic, Coherence, and Helidon workloads, and application modeling for advanced deployment scenarios with automatic provisioning of Kubernetes operators.
- Built-in, automated, observability for application and system components from pre-configured dashboards and managed workloads.
- Application lifecycle management to improve uptime and reduce overhead.
- Multi-platform security and protection for system components, network traffic, and application components.
Oracle’s Verrazzano leverages the Open Application Model specification for building platform-agnostic container applications.
Developers can install the Verrazzano platform to get started with Verrazzano. Operators in their Kubernetes cluster can then apply an application profile to the operator. You can find the instructions at verrazzano.io.
Read News: Oracle Emerge as a New Bidder for Buying TikTok Operation in the U.S